- Complexity: very easy
- 1 package of Calhoun Bend Mill's Fish Fry Coating Mix
- Cold water
- Cooking oil
- HEAT two inches of cooking oil to 375˚F.
- RINSE and CUT fish into fillets or desired size and place into cold water.
- POUR fish fry mix into paper/plastic bag, add fish, shake until thoroughly coated. Discard any remaining mix.
NOTE: For heavier crust, dip fish in mixture of 1 beaten egg and 1 cup milk before coating with fish fry.
- FRY fish in hot oil a few pieces at a time until light golden brown. Remove & drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot
• Coating mix may be used to fry any meat or vegetables such as: shrimp, oysters,
chicken, frog legs, okra, green tomatoes, squash, or eggplant.
When frying items other than fish, combine 1 cup cornmeal, flour or breadcrumbs with contents of package to reduce saltiness.