Awesome Onion Coating Mix
All-purpose, seasoned, and simply awesome. This specially-formulated mix is made with our unique blend of spices and distinct flours for a savory kick and better “stick” you’re sure to love. Although it’s awesome on onions, don’t let that stop you from getting creative! It’ll make just about anything you use it on a whole heck of a lot tastier—meats, sliced vegetables, either way it’s going to cook up golden, crispy, and delicious.
This mix is not intended for baking.
- Pair with dipping sauce or dressing like ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, marinara, or Ranch
- Make your own aioli dipping sauce by combining mayonnaise with your favorite spices and seasonings
- Add fried onion rings or a slice of fried green tomato to your hamburger or favorite sandwich
- Serve as a side to steaks, pasta, and more
Unbleached Wheat Flour, Corn Starch, Yellow Corn Flour, Salt, Garlic Powder, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Spices, Celery Seed Powder.
YOU WILL NEED:
- ONIONS: 4 OR CHICKEN: 2-3 lbs.
- COOKING OIL
DIRECTIONS FOR ONIONS:
- PEEL & CUT onion into 1/2 inch slices and separate into rings OR cut onion vertically into 1/2 inch wedges and separate into petals. Place cut onion pieces into water; set aside.
- COMBINE 1/4 Cup dry mix with 1/2 Cup water. Stir mixture thoroughly (prepare more as needed).
- COAT onion rings/petals by dusting lightly with dry mix. Dip dusted onion rings/petals into mixture. AGAIN dust lightly with dry mix.
- FRY in oil 375° F until crispy and golden brown(2 - 3 minutes). Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Serve Hot.
Serve by dipping in:
Ketchup, hot sauce, mustard, marinara sauce, Ranch Dressing or any dressing of your choice, or make your own sauce by combining Mayonnaise with your favorite spices.
DIRECTIONS FOR CHICKEN:
- RINSE chicken pieces; set aside.
- COAT moist chicken pieces thoroughly in dry mix. FOR CRISPIER CRUST: (Double Coating Method) In first bowl, combine one egg and 1/3 cup milk; whisk thoroughly. In second bowl, put dry mix. Dip chicken pieces into egg/milk mixture. Then, coat chicken pieces in dry mix. AGAIN, dip coated chicken pieces into egg/milk mixture. Lastly, coat chicken pieces in dry mix.
3. FRY in oil 350° F until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165° F.
FOR CRISPIER CRUST: In first bowl, combine 1/2 cup dry mix with 1/2 cup water. Stir mixture thoroughly. In second bowl, put remaining dry mix. Dip chicken pieces into mixture. Then, coat chicken pieces in dry mix.