Apple Crisp Mix
Now you can enjoy the warm, cozy, sweet flavors of a classic autumn dessert all year long with our Apple Crisp Mix. Whether you use canned or fresh apples, or get creative and explore other fruit fillings, our sweet streusel topping will create the perfect flavor pairing indicative of a crisp fall day. All you need is some fruit and butter to create this spiced, satisfying comfort dessert with notes of cinnamon and sugar.
- Serve warm, alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream or with whipped cream.
- Experiment with your filling and try different fresh or canned fruit in place of apples, such as peaches, pears, cherries, berries, apricots, pineapple, or fruit cocktail. Or branch out into vegetables and pair with rhubarb.
Cane Sugar, Unbleached Wheat Flour, Nonfat Milk, Salt, Corn Starch, Cinnamon.
Contains: Wheat, Milk
YOU WILL NEED:
- APPLES: 1 Can (20 - 24 OZ / 600 - 700 g) Apple pie/fruit fillingOR Canned apples OR 4 Fresh* apples (1 1/2 LBS / 700 g) peeled, cored and sliced into thin wedges
- BUTTER/MARGARINE: 4 Tablespoons (60 g) OR 1/2 stick MELTED (for best results, use butter)
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F (190° C - Gas Mark 5).
- SPREAD apple pie/fruit filling OR canned sliced apples (drained) OR fresh* apples (3 Cups / 600 g) into an 8 or 9 inch (20 - 23 cm) baking dish.
- COMBINE melted butter with mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.
- BAKE 25 - 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Using an 8 or 9 inch (20 - 23 cm) microwave-safe dish, follow steps 2 and 3 above.
- Microwave, uncovered on High 6 - 8 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm.
* If using FRESH or FROZEN (thaw & drain) fruit, coat cooking dishwith butter or cooking spray and sprinkle 1 Tablespoon (15 g) of sugar over fruit to sweeten.
- Use your choice of fresh* fruit, canned fruit OR pie/fruit filling in place of apples.
- Caramel Apple Crisp – Microwave 6 candy caramels and2 Teaspoons water (10 ml) 1 1/2 minutes or until melted. In step 2 above (Oven Directions), drizzle caramel over apples in dish and continue to step