Cherry Crunch Mix
A little sweet goes a long way with our Cherry Crunch Mix. This sweet, crunchy topping uses whole grain rolled oats for a delicious flavor and texture you’ll love with soft, plump cherries. But why stop there? Make the perfect American deep-dish dessert by using your favorite fruit as a filling—whatever it may be! As long as you’re using our crunch mix as a topping, your flavors will shine. Just add some butter and then you’ll really be cookin’ up something special.
- Serve warm, alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream or with whipped cream.
- Experiment with your filling and try different fresh or canned fruit in place of cherries, such as apples, peaches, pears, berries, apricots, pineapple, or fruit cocktail. Or branch out into vegetables and pair with rhubarb.
Cane Sugar, Unbleached Wheat Flour, Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Nonfat Milk, Salt, Corn Starch, Cinnamon, Natural Flavor.
Contains: Wheat, Milk
YOU WILL NEED:
- CHERRIES: 1 Can (20 - 24 OZ / 600 - 700 g) Cherry pie/fruit filling OR Canned cherries OR Fresh* pitted cherries (1 1/2 LBS / 700 g)
- BUTTER/MARGARINE: 4 Tablespoons (60 g) OR 1/2 stick MELTED (for best results, use butter)
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F (190° C - Gas Mark 5).
- SPREAD cherry pie/fruit filling OR canned cherries (drained) OR fresh* pitted cherries (3 Cups / 600 g) into an 8 or 9 inch (20 - 23 cm) baking dish.
- COMBINE melted butter with mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over cherries.
- BAKE 25 - 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm.If desired, top with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Using an 8 or 9 inch (20 - 23 cm) microwave-safe dish, follow steps2 and 3 above.
- Microwave, uncovered on High 6 - 8 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm.
* If using FRESH or FROZEN (thaw & drain) fruit, coat cooking dishwith butter or cooking spray and sprinkle 1 Tablespoon (15 g) of sugar over fruit to sweeten.
- Use your choice of fresh* fruit, canned fruit OR pie/fruit filling in place of cherries.
- Chocolate Lovers – Before baking, add to crunch mix 1/2 Cup (120 g) semisweet chocolate chips.