Awesome Onion Coating Mix
All-purpose, seasoned, and simply awesome. This specially-formulated mix is made with our unique blend of spices and distinct flours for a savory kick and better “stick” you’re sure to love. Although it’s awesome on onions, don’t let that stop you from getting creative! It’ll make just about anything you use it on a whole heck of a lot tastier—meats, sliced vegetables, either way it’s going to cook up golden, crispy, and delicious.
This mix is not intended for baking.
- Pair with dipping sauce or dressing like ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, marinara, or Ranch
- Make your own aioli dipping sauce by combining mayonnaise with your favorite spices and seasonings
- Add fried onion rings or a slice of fried green tomato to your hamburger or favorite sandwich
- Serve as a side to steaks, pasta, and more
Unbleached Wheat Flour, Corn Starch, Yellow Corn Flour, Salt, Garlic Powder, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Spices, Celery Seed Powder.
YOU WILL NEED:
- ONIONS: 4
- COOKING OIL
THIS MIX NOT INTENDED FOR BAKING
- PEEL & CUT onion into 1/2 inch (1,5 cm) slices and separate into rings OR cut onion vertically into 1/2 inch (1,5 cm) wedges and separate into petals. Place cut onion pieces into water; set aside.
- COMBINE 1/4 Cup (60 g) dry mix with 1/2 Cup (120 ml) water. Stir mixture thoroughly (prepare more as needed).
- COAT onion rings/petals by dusting lightly with dry mix. Dip dusted onion rings/petals into mixture. AGAIN dust lightly with dry mix.
- DEEP FRY in oil (375° F / 190° C) until crispy and golden brown(2 - 3 minutes). Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Serve Hot.
Serve by dipping in:
Ketchup, hot sauce, mustard, marinara sauce, Ranch Dressing or any dressing of your choice, or make your own sauce by combining Mayonnaise with your favorite spices.
- Use your choice of any sliced vegetables or meats in place of onions.
- Can be served as an appetizer or entrée:Appetizer – Dip fried onions in ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, ranch dressing or any dressing or sauce of your choice.Entrée – Add a Fried Onion ring or Fried Green Tomato slice to your hamburger or favorite sandwich.