Chicken & Waffles Crispy Fry Mix
Start or finish the day right with Chicken & Waffles. Sweet and savory flavors merge in this satisfyingly crispy, classic pairing. Our Chicken & Waffles Crispy Fry Mix makes this indulgent combination a delicious treat whether you choose to enjoy it for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. Although it’s so tasty, we won’t judge you if you decide to serve it for every meal.
- Use on larger pieces of chicken for sandwiches or sliders, or on strips for tenders
- For traditional Chicken & Waffles, pair with waffles and maple syrup for an enticing combination
- Pair with your favorite bun, roll, or Texas Toast and top with dill pickle slices and the sauce of your choice
- Try with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and bacon for a more robust sandwich
Wheat Flour, Sugar, Corn Starch, Salt, Yellow Corn Flour, Maltodextrin, Contains Less Than 2% of: Natural And Artificial Flavors, Spices, Celery Seed, Onion Powder, Dehydrated Garlic, Brown Sugar, Yeast Extract, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate), Dextrose, Modified Corn Starch, Sucralose, Silicon Dioxide (Prevents Caking).
YOU WILL NEED:
- CHICKEN: 2–3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, tenderloins, or thighs
- COOKING OIL
- BUNS or ROLLS (for sandwich/sliders option)
- EGG & MILK (for crispier crust option)
- RINSE chicken pieces; set aside.
- COAT moist chicken pieces thoroughly in dry fry mix.
FOR CRISPIER CRUST: (Double Coating Method) In first bowl, combine one egg and 1/3 cup milk; whisk thoroughly. In second bowl, put dry fry mix. Dip chicken pieces into egg/milk mixture. Then, coat chicken pieces in dry fry mix. AGAIN, dip coated chicken pieces into egg/milk mixture. Lastly, coat chicken pieces in dry fry mix.
- FRY in oil 350° F, turning once, until internal temperature reachesa minimum of 165° F.
FOR CRISPIER CRUST USING FRY DIRECTIONS: In first bowl, combine 1/2 cup dry mix with 1/2 cup water. Stir mixture thoroughly. In second bowl, put remaining dry mix. Dip chicken pieces into mixture. Then, coat chicken pieces in dry mix.
AIR FRYER DIRECTIONS:
**BONE-IN OR BONELESS CHICKEN CAN BE USED**
- PREHEAT air fryer 375° F.
- RINSE chicken pieces; pat dry.
- SPRAY chicken pieces with oil.
- COAT chicken thoroughly in dry fry mix. SPRAY coated chicken generously with oil on all sides until no dry mix is noticeable.
- PLACE chicken in air fryer basket; not touching. FLIP the chicken halfway through cooking time; cook until internal temperature is 180° F minimum. Bone-In and Boneless Breast 20-30 minutes Tenderloins 12-15 minutes.
Cut chicken lengthwise into 1/2-inch pieces. (tenderloins can be prepared uncut)
Cut chicken into pieces the size of a bun/roll. (chicken breast,3/4 to 1-inch thick, can be cut in half for 2 thinner portions).