Fried Green Tomato Crispy Fry Mix
Nothing says classic southern flavor like savory, crispy, fried green tomatoes. Our seasoned mix uses unique spices to create the perfect coating for hand-breading sliced tomatoes or any other food you’d enjoy frying up to golden, crispy perfection.
This mix is not intended for baking.
- Pair with ketchup, hot sauce, mustard, ranch dressing, or a custom aioli
- Serve as an appetizer—cover fried green tomatoes with marinara sauce and shredded cheese
- Enhance your entrées—add a fried green tomato slice to your hamburger or favorite sandwich
- In place of green tomatoes, try our coating on your choice of sliced vegetables or meats like dill pickles, eggplant, mushrooms, okra, chicken, and more
Unbleached Wheat Flour, Yellow Corn Flour, Corn Starch, Yellow Cornmeal, Salt, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Garlic Powder, Spices, Celery Seed Powder.
YOU WILL NEED:
- GREEN TOMATOES: 4 OR FISH: 2-3 lbs.
- COOKING OIL
DIRECTIONS FOR GREEN TOMATOES:
- SLICE Green tomatoes into 1/4 inch (2 cm) slices. Place slices into water.
- COAT both sides of tomato slices with dry mix. FOR CRISPIER CRUST: Combine one egg and 2 Tablespoons milk; whisk thoroughly. Dip tomato slices unto egg/milk mixture. Then, coat tomato slices in dry mix.
- FRY in oil 375° F until crispy and golden brown on both sides (2 - 3 minutes). Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Serve Hot.
FOR CRISPIER CRUST: Combine one egg and 2 tablespoons milk; whisk thoroughly. Dip tomato slices into egg/milk mixture. Then, coat tomato slices in dry mix.
Serve by dipping in:
Ketchup, hot sauce, mustard, marinara sauce, Ranch Dressing or any dressing of your choice, or make your own sauce by combining Mayonnaise with your favorite spices.
DIRECTIONS FOR FISH:
- RINSE fish pieces; set aside.
- COAT moist fish pieces thoroughly in dry mix. FOR CRISPIER CRUST: Combine one egg and 1/3 cup milk; whisk thoroughly. Dip fish pieces into egg/milk mixture. Then, coat fish pieces in dry mix.
- FRY in oil 350° F until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 145° F .