Fried Green Tomato Coating Mix - Case
Nothing says classic southern flavor like savory, crispy, fried green tomatoes. Our seasoned mix uses unique spices to create the perfect coating for hand-breading sliced tomatoes or any other food you’d enjoy frying up to golden, crispy perfection.
This mix is not intended for baking.
- Pair with ketchup, hot sauce, mustard, ranch dressing, or a custom aioli
- Serve as an appetizer—cover fried green tomatoes with marinara sauce and shredded cheese
- Enhance your entrées—add a fried green tomato slice to your hamburger or favorite sandwich
- In place of green tomatoes, try our coating on your choice of sliced vegetables or meats like dill pickles, eggplant, mushrooms, okra, chicken, and more
Unbleached Wheat Flour, Yellow Corn Flour, Corn Starch, Yellow Cornmeal, Salt, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Garlic Powder Spices, Celery Seed Powder.
YOU WILL NEED:
- GREEN TOMATOES: 4 (Only GREEN TOMATOES have the proper texture for frying).
- COOKING OIL
THIS MIX NOT INTENDED FOR BAKING
- SLICE Green tomatoes into 1/4 inch (2 cm) slices. Place slices into water.
- COAT both sides of tomato slices with dry mix.
- PAN FRY in shallow oil (375° F / 190° C) until crispy and golden brown on both sides (2 - 3 minutes). Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Serve Hot.
Serve by dipping in:
Ketchup, hot sauce, mustard, marinara sauce, Ranch Dressing or any dressing of your choice, or make your own sauce by combining Mayonnaise with your favorite spices.
- Use your choice of any sliced vegetables or meats in place of green tomatoes.
- Can be served as an appetizer or entrée:
Appetizer – Cover fried green tomato slice with marinara sauce and sprinkle with your favorite cheese.
Entrée – Add a Fried Green Tomato slice or Fried Onion ring to your hamburger or favorite sandwich.