- Serves: 8
- Complexity: very easy
- 1 package Calhoun Bend Mill Apple Crisp Mix
- 3 - 4 Medium Pears
- Pecan Crust
- PECAN CRUST:
- 1 1/3cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- Mix all ingredients except butter in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until crumbly.
- Press firmly and evenly against bottom and side of ungreased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake 8 minutes at 375 degrees; cool.
- Cut each pear lengthwise in half and remove core. Place each pear half, cut side down, on cutting surface. Cut crosswise into thin slices.
- Lift each pear half with spatula and arrange on baked crust, separating and overlapping slices (retain pear shape) to cover surface of crust.
- Mix up one package of Calhoun Bend Mill Apple Cinnamon Crisp Mix and sprinkle over pears.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and pears are tender.