- Complexity: easy
- 1 package Calhoun Bend Mill's Peach Cobbler Mix
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) of sliced peaches packed in syrup, natural juice or water
- 3-4 medium to large fresh peaches (about 1-1/2 lbs) peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 2/3 Cup milk
- 4 Tablespoons or 1/2 stick butter or margarine, melted
PREHEAT oven to 375˚F.
MELT butter in either an 8” or 9” square baking dish or iron skillet.
COMBINE milk with cobbler mix; stir thoroughly to remove any lumps from batter.
POUR batter over butter. Then pour canned peaches with syrup, natural juice or water OR 3 cups fresh* peaches over batter. Distribute peaches evenly; avoid stirring. Note: Batter will rise above peaches while baking.
BAKE 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream or whipped cream.
*If using FRESH peaches a simple syrup is required for preparation. Dissolve 1/4 cup sugar in 1/2 cup warm water OR use 1/2 cup of your favorite fruit juice.
• Use any of the following fruits in place of peaches: apples, pears, rhubarb,
cherries, blackberries, blueberries, pineapple chunks, apricots, strawberries,
fruit cocktail or any other fruit.