SQUASH DRESSING CASSEROLE
- Ready in: 30 minutes
- Serves: 8
- Complexity: very easy
- 1 package of Calhoun Bend Mill's Mexican Style Cornbread Mix
- 2 c. Yellow Squash, cooked, drained, mashed
- 1 c. Onion, chopped
- 1 c. Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 c. Celery, chopped
- 1/4 c. Margarine
- 1 (8 oz.) Jar Processed Cheese
- 2 Eggs, beaten - raw
- 2 Eggs, boiled, chopped
- 1 (5 oz.) Can Evaporated Milk
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can Chicken Broth
- Creole Seasoning (to taste)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°.
- BAKE cornbread mix according to package directions.
- SAUTÉ onions, bell pepper and celery in ¼ cup margarine until tender.
- CRUMBLE cornbread into large bowl; add squash, onions, bell peppers, celery, cheese, beaten raw eggs, boiled eggs, milk, soup, broth and seasoning.
- BAKE in a buttered casserole dish 1 hour or until set and brown.