You Will Need
1 Deep Dish Pie Crust
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup honey
5-6 cups cooking apples, peeled & thinly sliced
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- PREHEAT oven to 375˚F.
- Make Apple Cheddar Topping; set aside.
- Preheat maple syrup and honey in 10 inch skillet over medium heat; stir in apples and flour, simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spoon apple mixture into pie crust; prepare Apple Cheddar Topping and sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 45 – 50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm.
APPLE CHEDDAR TOPPING:
Prepare Calhoun Bend Mill Apple Crisp Mix according to package directions; add the cheddar cheese and mix thoroughly.