You Will Need
1 package Calhoun Bend Mill Apple Crisp Mix
3-4 medium to large fresh apples (about 1-1/2 lbs) peeled, cored and sliced into thin wedges
OR 1 can (20 to 24 ounces) of apple pie filling
OR canned sliced apples
4 Tablespoons or 1/2 stick butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Spread apple pie filling OR canned* sliced apples (drained) OR fresh* apples (3 cups) into an 8” or 9” square baking dish.
- Combine melted butter with crisp mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Using an 8” or 9” square microwave-safe dish, follow steps 2 and 3 above.
- Microwave, uncovered on High 6-8 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve warm.
*If using FRESH or CANNED (water-packed) apples, lightly coat cooking dish with butter or cooking spray and sprinkle one (1) tablespoon of sugar over apples to sweeten.
• Use your choice of fresh or canned fruit pie filling in place of apples.