You Will Need (Makes 8 cakes)
1 pound Crab Meat
½ Lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons Chives, chopped
2 teaspoons Creole or Cajun Seasoning
1/2 cup Calhoun Bend Mill Onion Coating Mix
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 cup Mayo
1/2 teaspoon Creole or Cajun Seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 tablespoon Lemon Juice or 1/4 Lemon, juiced
- In a large bowl, add all of the crab cake ingredients.
- Mix with a spoon or your hands to combine.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into 8 patties, about 1/3-1/2 cup of meat per patty.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil or butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the crab cakes to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until browned.
- While the crab cakes are cooking, mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve the crab cakes with the sauce and lemon wedges and garnish with more chives, if desired.