You Will Need
1 package Calhoun Bend Mill Apple Crisp Mix
1 Deep Dish Pie Crust
5 1/2 cups Apples peeled, cored, thinly sliced (1/4 inch thick)
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
3 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
1/8 tsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss apples with lemon juice.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, and salt; mix with apples.
- Spoon apple mixture into pie crust; dot with butter, bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Calhoun Bend Mill Apple Crisp Mix according to package directions.
- Remove pie from oven. Sprinkle Apple Crisp Mix over top of pie.
- Return to oven and continue baking for an additional 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool before cutting.