1 package Calhoun Bend Mill Apple Crisp Mix
3-4 medium to large Fresh Apples (about 1-1/2 lbs) peeled, cored and sliced into thin wedges OR 1 can (20 to 24 ounces) of Apple Pie Filling OR Canned Sliced Apples
5 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine, melted (4 T for the Apple Crisp and 1 T if using FRESH Apples) 1 Tbsp. Sugar (if using FRESH Apples)
- Coat 3 cups of thinly sliced FRESH apples with 1 Tbsp. of melted butter and 1 Tbsp. of sugar (this step not required if using pie filling OR canned sliced apples)
- Pour your choice of coated FRESH apples OR pie filling OR canned sliced apples into an unbaked pie shell.
- Combine remaining 4 Tbsp. of melted butter with crisp mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream or whipped cream.
• Use your choice of fresh or canned fruit pie filling in place of apples.