You Will Need
1.5 pounds Beef Chuck, top round or beef stew meat cut into bite-sized pieces
½ cup Calhoun Bend Mill Onion Coating Mix
1 Yellow Onion Diced
2 Carrots peeled and diced
2 Garlic Cloves minced
1 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Black Pepper
2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
1 sprig Fresh Rosemary
1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1 Bay Leaf
2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
1 pound Yellow Potatoes quartered
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 (12 ounce) can or Irish Stout
3-4 cups Beef Broth
- In a large dutch oven or pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive or avocado oil.
- In a bowl, toss the meat in the Calhoun Bend Mill Onion Coating Mix
- Add diced onion and carrots to the pot. Saute for a few minutes until veggies begin to soften and the onion is translucent.
- Next, add the meat to the pan and saute until browned on all sides.
- Add in garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves and tomato paste.
- Then, add the potatoes to the pot and pour in the Worcestershire sauce, beer and beef broth, scraping the bottom of the pan to get the browned bits off.
- Heat, covered, over medium-low heat for 45-50 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!